Hono Mai Joining
Do you live, study, work or pay rates in Wellington? If so, you can join Wellington City Libraries for free! We have joining options available for all Wellingtonians in our region - even if you don't live in the Wellington City ratepaying area. (conditions apply).
How do I join the library?
Once you've filled out your details, you'll receive confirmation of your temporary membership. This lasts one month, and allows you to:
- borrow 3 library items (eg books, DVDs)
- borrow 3 Overdrive eBooks
- place 1 reserve
To finish your registration and gain access to all resources;
- Visit one of our branch libraries, bringing personal ID — preferably with a photo e.g. a driver's license; OR
- Scan and email us:
- Personal ID — preferably with a photo e.g. a driver's license
Proof of your current home address — e.g. a recent bank statement or bill.
If you work or study in Wellington City and live in the Greater Wellington region, your electronic proof — e.g. payslip or student ID.
- Read the Conditions of Membership
- If you're under 18 years, then your parent or guardian will need to apply online for you. (If you are aged 14-17 and living independently, please visit one of our libraries)
Conditions of Membership
- All items borrowed on this card are the responsibility of the card holder (or any child or young adult card where I am the guarantor)
- I agree to return borrowed items to the library before closing time on their due date, and pay any item fees or replacement charges incurred. I agree to information being passed to a debt collection and credit reporting agency should I default. Wellington City Libraries will pass on any collection costs (including commissions and/or legal fees) incurred by us in recovering the money owed.
- I will notify the library of any change of address and any library card lost or stolen.